8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and morning coffee
8:30 am - 10:00 am A1 Leveraging operational excellence to anticipate, manage and minimize business risksBetty Xu - Vice President, Operational Excellence American Express
Rita Magann - Vice President Operational Excellence American Express
This workshop will demonstrate how the operational excellence team at American Express guides business partners as they execute the American Express Operational Risk Framework, to anticipate and manage risks.
· Navigate complex Operational Risk program, which is linked to three lines of defense and 10 distinct risk pillars
· Drive efficiency for the business to assess risks from both enterprise level and end to end process level
· Oversee issue management to reduce operating losses
· Support business through new product and service approval process
· Provide Operational Risk analytics and reporting for business decision making
Betty XuVice President, Operational Excellence
Rita MagannVice President Operational Excellence
8:30 am - 10:00 am A2 Achieving business agility and next level of operational excellence through process-led digital transformationPeter Malek - Director, Process Performance and Operational Excellence VMware
68% of companies identify agility as one of their most important initiatives to be able to respond better to market and customer demands. This workshop will outline how digital strategies will help achieve organizational agility.
· Developing your digital strategy starting from customer experience
· Breaking down silos and develop process-led organizations
· How is BPM, RPA and intelligent automation work together to contribute to organizational efficiency and agility
· Leveraging DevOps capabilities to launch products and services quickly
· Focusing on continuous improvement during digital transformation
Peter MalekDirector, Process Performance and Operational Excellence
8:30 am - 10:00 am A3 An integrated view on redefining customer experience: Aligning business strategy and processes around the customer’s needsCodin Caragea - Senior Vice President, Business Process Management CoE Riyad Bank
The interactive workshop will provide insights into how world class organizations are combing CX and OPEX tools and methodologies to boost business performance:
· Understanding the linking customer, strategy, processes and the Organization
· The functional organization vs. the customer-centric organization
· What is customer value? - Focus on customer needs
· Customer and Process-centric governance model
· Customer experience services catalogue
· Customer Lab – the place to find out what are the needs of your customers
· What does the future look like? Trends & predictions for the humanity 2020 - 2045
Codin CarageaSenior Vice President, Business Process Management CoE
8:30 am - 10:00 am A4 How do you successfully implement Hoshin Planning...what I wish I'd known before I started!Paul Docherty - Chief Executive Officer i-nexus
· What is Hoshin planning and why does it work?
· What are typically the different stages of maturity (Crawl, Walk, Run...) and how do you know what to aim for?
· What are the typical pitfalls and how do you avoid them?
· How do you scale and sustain Hoshin planning?
Paul DochertyChief Executive Officer
10:00 am - 10:30 am Morning break
10:30 am - 12:00 pm B1 Creating breakthrough results by aligning OPEX initiatives with business strategiesStella Mooraj - Former Director Business Excellence Nestle
· The importance of clear business strategies in preparation for alignment
· Essential enablers for achieving strategic alignment
o Ensure appropriate input/buy-in
o Governance and management routines
o Constant leadership narrative
· Challenges to strategic alignment and discussion of mitigating actions
· Empowering strategic alignment with change management approach, tools and tactics
Stella MoorajFormer Director Business Excellence
10:30 am - 12:00 pm Joining Hands on the Digital Journey: Transforming the IT/Business RelationshipE. Scott Menter - VP of Business Solutions BP Logix Inc.
Defying three decades of upheaval in technology, markets, and business models, one thing has remained obdurate and unchanged: the fraught partnership between IT and the business. The disconnect is, in part, an understandable consequence of the dichotomy that drives human innovation: what must be accomplished versus what can be accomplished. But competing priorities are a common phenomenon even within each group; they appear, the organization addresses them, and they are resolved. In this workshop, we’ll explore:
- What makes the IT/business gap so hard to bridge?
- Can digital transformation offer a solution?
- What role can leadership play in eliminating the barriers once and for all?
E. Scott MenterVP of Business Solutions
BP Logix Inc.
10:30 am - 12:00 pm B3 A data-driven customer experience transformation approach: Using data to re-think customer journey and re-design internal processesBrian Simpson - Senior Management Consultant Major Oak Consulting – A Verint Company
Adam Campbell - Consulting Manager Verint
· Learn how the process of journey mapping and other customer experience fundamentals can be a powerful asset to improve the impact of VOC data collection, project prioritization, and change management for process improvement projects
· This session will discuss current CX trends and techniques, and allow participants time to create their own journey map
Brian SimpsonSenior Management Consultant
Major Oak Consulting – A Verint Company
Adam CampbellConsulting Manager
10:30 am - 12:00 pm B4 Building the culture of continuous improvement in changeShane Wentz - Global Director Continuous Improvement Radial
The history of Radial is one of consistent change, development and forward momentum. Shane oversees the Radial CI program throughout 26 fulfillment centers, call centers and offices globally and he is tasked to bring an improvement culture in the changing environment to drive performance.
· A Radial continuous improvement journey: What have we learned?
· Developing and implementing the Radial Continuous Improvement system globally
· Site CI maturity assessments: what we learned and next steps?
Shane WentzGlobal Director Continuous Improvement
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm C1 Measuring your OPEX effectiveness (Back by popular demand!)Loren Bishop - Vice President – Director of the Lean Management Office State Street
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. Developing business related clear cut measurement metrics and KPIs are fundamental for your continued operational excellence efforts. In this session, you will learn practical tips in effectively measure and improve your operational excellence initiatives:
· What can you measure: growth (revenue) vs. efficiency (cost) and why do they matter
· Developing business related KPIs with clear accountability
· How do link your operational excellence with business P&L
· How can you measure the non financial elements through customer and employee engagement
Loren BishopVice President – Director of the Lean Management Office
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm C2 Realizing RPA benefits in different ways: Where to start and how to find your sweet spot
No doubt RPA is transforming the business process world at a breakneck speed. Yet, organizations are taking different approaches in starting and scaling their RPA projects. This workshop aims to provide the pros and cons of different options for you to learn from their journey and benefit quickly from RPA:
· Where to start with RPA: Understanding your processes, business objectives and scale of projects
· Comparing different RPA operating models
· How to successfully pilot your RPA project?
· Costs vs. return: how much should you invest in RPA?
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm C3 Capturing voice of customer to the next levelDwight Harris Jr. - Senior Lean Six Sigma & Agile Leader Dun & Bradstreet
There’s no doubt that Voice of Customer (VOC) is critical for businesses to succeed today, yet are you getting the right information from your various VOC programs? This session will provide practical tips in deploying the Quality Function Deployment tool to get deeper in your VOC programs.
· What do you really know about your customers?
· What framework do you have in place? And what are you doing with that information?
· Prioritizing your annual project plan designed towards meeting company strategic business objectives
· Assessing whether you have a sustainable value proposition
Dwight Harris Jr.Senior Lean Six Sigma & Agile Leader
Dun & Bradstreet
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm C4 Developing leadership behaviors for a lean enterprise and fostering lean thinkingDennis Narlock - General Manager Catalent Pharma Solutions
As a PEX award winner, Catalent has developed a true lean culture and this workshop will demonstrate some of the key elements to consider to make the culture shift possible:
- Doing it right at the basic level: Setting guidelines for achieving daily excellence
- Leading change with a purpose: Making a meaningful impact on customers/patients
- Driving performance through empathy, responsibility and accountability
- Celebrating, rewarding and sustaining high performing teams
- The role of top management in driving change and making positive impact
Dennis NarlockGeneral Manager
Catalent Pharma Solutions
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Afternoon break
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm D1 How to Solve the 5 Pervasive Team Challenges and Transform Your BusinessLyle Wells - National Director Leadership Processes The Flippen Group
•What is your strategy for the teams of today?
•Teams are increasingly vital but often underperform
•Team behavior is what undermines performance
•The 5 pervasive team challenges we help leaders solve:
o Optimize High-Functioning Teams
o Accelerate High-Potential Team Members
o Navigate Change Initiatives
o Fast-Forward Newly Formed Teams
o Manage Contentious Teams
Lyle WellsNational Director Leadership Processes
The Flippen Group
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm D2 Empower your processes and leverage RPA to stay ahead in the era of digital transformation (Please bring your laptop)Massimiliano Delsante - CEO Cognitive Technology
Stefano Pedrazzi - VP Sales and Marketing Cognitive Technology
During this workshop you shall redefine operations of a real case by the use of the most efficient solution for automatic process discovery, compliance and performance verification, the identification of automation opportunities, RPA implementation and monitoring for continuous operational improvements.
· A clear understanding of how processes can be automatically discovered and how the levels of automation can be identified
· The fundamentals of ensuring compliance
· A deeper knowledge of how to analyze process performance, costs and crucial areas of improvement
· Implement RPA for continuous monitoring and constant revelation of improvement opportunities
Stefano PedrazziVP Sales and Marketing
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm D3 Finance business architecture & transformation focused on customer experienceRakesh Amerineni - Senior Manager, Finance Transformation & Architecture Linkedin
· Defining customer focused finance business transformation & architecture strategy
· Alignment of finance business architecture and customer experience to deliver meaningful and lasting business transformation
· Delivering business value to customers through scalable, efficient and compliant business architecture
· Key success factors and considerations for successful implementation of strategy
Rakesh AmerineniSenior Manager, Finance Transformation & Architecture
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm D4 Design Thinking (DT) for new ways of problem solving and business SuccessKaren Tilstra - Executive Fellow of Innovation Santa Clara University
Join this powerful engaging workshop to learn DT, a proven method for spotting and creatively tackling hidden opportunities. You will gain fresh perspectives on problem solving, learn DT mindsets that lead to relevant and sustainable solutions. You will leave ready and committed to apply your new skills. Typical results include ways to discover new revenue streams, internal efficiencies, and greater customer and employee satisfaction. Ready to earn your innovation wings and break though?? Join the fun!
· Learn the 5 spaces of Design Thinking (DT), build a rapid-fire DT tool-kit and learn how to use these spaces to become a better problem finder and solver
· Real-life case studies highlighting how DT has worked inside one of the nation’s largest hospital systems
· A brief overview of how to create a DT lab and key elements that keep it relevant and sustainable
Karen TilstraExecutive Fellow of Innovation
Santa Clara University